Subject to change as more clinicians are added
NTCA Tentative Schedule and Additional Information (subject to change)Friday, November 10, 2006
2:45 – 5:00 PM
Mark Heckel, Tony Naclerio: NTCA Throws Safety Certification Course
2:45 – 3:45 PM
Bill Caton – Improving Performance with Power Bags (Learn By Do)
Duncan Atwood – Comparative Film Analysis
Gary Aldrich – Shotput Skills and Drills
Dan Stimson – Teaching the Throws to Multi Event Athletes
4:00 – 5:00 PM
Joe Napoli / Tom Petranoff - Functional Training and Core Development (Learn By Do)
Mike Louisiana – Teaching the High School Discus
Hal Connolly and Marty Engel – Hammer Throwing from the Ground Floor
Dr James Peterson – Preventing Back Injuries
5:15 – 6:15 PM
Mark Harsha, Bruce Van Horne – Discus Teaching Progressions (Learn By Do)
Jud Logan – Circuit Training for Conditioning
Larry Judge – Rethinking the Training of the Weight Throw
Jennifer Davidson – Using the Dartfish Film Analysis System
Tom Pukstys – Non Weightlifting Movements for Throwers
6:15 – 6:45 PM Visit Exhibitors
6:45 PM – 8:00 PM
Louie Simmons – Strength & Power Development
Shaun Pickering – Functional Training: Proprioception and Specific Strength
8:00 – 8:15 PM Visit Exhibitors
8:15 – 8:45 PM
Mark Heckel (Master of Ceremonies)
Opening Remarks – George Woods: 2 X Shot-put Silver Medalist: 1968 Olympic and 1972 Olympic Games; 7 X National Champion; World Record holder; 3 X Olympic Trials Champion
8:45 – 9:45 PM Keynote Speakers
John Godina – Rotational Shotput
Koji Murofushi – Hammer Biomechanics & Research
10:00 – 11:00 PM – Social (ages 21 & over only)
Saturday, November 11, 2006
9:15 – 10:15 AM
Tony Naclerio – Glide Shotput Teaching Progressions (Learn By Do)
Jay Silvester – Developing Proper Discus Technique
Larry Judge – Core Training for Extreme Sports Performance
Al Schoterman – Right Sided Hammer Throwing: Theory
10:30 – 11:30 AM
John Godina – Functional Training (Learn By Do)
Brian Oldfield – Shotputting the Oldfield Way
Tom Pukstys & Duncan Atwood – Gill Javelin Symposium Review
Al Schoterman – Right Sided Hammer Throwing: Practicum
11:45 AM – 12:45 PM
Bob McKay - Multiple Drill Stations for Large Groups
Knut Hjeltnes, Mac Wilkins – Ideas and Skills on Discus Throwing
Panel Discussion: Glide vs. Rotation (Moderated by Tony Naclerio)
Maren Siedler, Michael Carter, George Woods, Brian Oldfield, John Godina, Reese Hoffa
Koji Murofushi, Shaun Pickering – "Hammerobics" (Special Exercises – Demonstrations)
12:45 – 1:45 PM Lunch
1:45 PM – 2:45 PM
Mohamad Saatara - Special Weight Exercises for the Throws (Learn By Do)
Kate Schmidt, Duncan Atwood – Learn By Doing Javelin
Panel Discussion – Discus (Moderated by Gary Aldrich)
Knut Hjeltnes, Mac Wilkins, Jay Silvester, John Powell
Jud Logan – Teaching the Dynamic Start for Glide Shot
3:00 – 4:00 PM
John Powell – Discus (Learn By Do)
Matt Ellis - Kettlebell Functional Training (Learn By Do)
Louie Simmons – Dynamic Strength Development
Panel Discussion: Hammer (Larry Judge – Moderator)
Jud Logan, Hal Connolly, Marty Engel, Al Schoterman, Koji Murofushi
4:00 – 5:15 PM
Autographs, Visit Exhibitors
Sunday, November 12, 2006
10:15 AM – Noon
Hall of Fame Panel
(1) Airport rides - the Columbus Marriott Northwest Hotel does not have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The best bet is to go to the taxi stand and call for Dublin Taxi. Dublin Taxi charges $40 for one to six people. There are quite a few people flying in so you should not have any problems finding some people at the Columbus Airport going to the hotel.
The NTCA is picking up the Hall of Famers and special guests at the airport throughout the day on Thursday and Friday. Although we can't publish a specific schedule, if you are at the airport when the NTCA shuttle is doing a pickup you are welcome to ride with the shuttle.
(2) Every session is being professionally filmed by Coaches Choice Books & Videos and will be made available on DVD's in the near future. For that reason we can't allow video cameras into the sessions as it will interfere with the cameramen from Coaches Choice. However, you are welcome to video anything that takes place in the hotel Foyer and regular cameras are also allowed for photos. Mac Throwing Videos will be doing interviews with the Hall of Famers, Olympians, and special guests throughout the weekend. These interviews will be posted on the web site following the conference.
(3) Al Oerter has shipped several paintings for purchase. The paintings are signed by Al and the prices range from $250 - $750. Al also shipped several signed discus'. All proceeds from Al's paintings will go directly to the Al Oerter Gallery in Naples, Florida.
Also available will be Brian Oldfield "Sports Illustrated Cover" t-shirts.
(4) M-F Athletic and Coaches Choice will have vendor tables where you can save up to 20% on purchases and orders. Feel free to bring school purchase orders. M-F Athletic will have plenty of wood discus' available if you want to purchase a discus and then have it autographed.
(5) Those who attended last year's conference and have yet to rcv the promised NTCA Coaches Manual from Coaches Choice can pick it up at this year's conference (no charge). If you attended last year's conference but are not attending this year's conference, Coaches Choice will be shipping it to you. The book is actually titled the 2007 NTCA Coaches Handbook and has 34 chapters from various authors. We apologize for the delay but we think that you will be happy with the results.
(6) We have extended the pre registration period until Wednesday. If you have not registered, but still would like to attend please register on the web site. Disregard the November 1 deadline.
(7) Hall of Fame Breakfast Dress Attire - Casual, however no sweats or jeans allowed for the Hall of Fame Breakfast and Induction Ceremonies on Sunday.
(8) Feel free to call us at (760) 779-9148 or email with any questions.